Kyle’s Kedgeree with Poached Egg
Ingredients (serves four)
2 x smoked haddock fillets,
150g frozen peas,
1 x white onion (diced),
1 x tbsp curry powder,
1 x tsp turmeric,
1 x large mug basmati rice,
100ml double cream,
4 x eggs,
- Put a pan of water on to boil with the turmeric, half the curry
powder and rice.
- Dice onion and smoked haddock.
- Sauté onions in a pan on the hob with a little oil, add the rest of
the curry powder and cook for around five minutes.
- Add the peas, haddock and a ladle of the rice water to the sauté
pan to ensure the fish remains moist.
- One everything in the sauté pan is boiling, stir in half of the cream
and reduce by half.
- Once the rice is cooked and ready, drain it and then prepare a pan
of water on for poaching the egg.
- Add the rice to the creamy haddock and mix well, then season to
- Meanwhile, crack an egg into the vinegar water and cook for four
- Add the remaining cream to the rice and haddock and bring it
- Portion into a plate/bowl and top the kedgeree with the